Friday, May 29, 2009

Easy Tables in TexShop on a Mac

Okay, so while Excel2Latex works great on my PC at school, it does not work so hot on my Mac running Excel 2004. TexShop was not happy with the output code at all. I tried some tips I found online, but no luck. Then I came across:

Cal2LaTex for OpenOffice and NeoOffice. This tool works like a charm and its menu options are superior to that of Excel2Latex. It did take me a few minutes to figure out how to assign the Macro its own listing under my Tools menubar, but other than that getting it working was a breeze.

And let's face it, on a Mac at least, NeoOffice seems to run better than MS Office anyway. Of course, since I discovered LaTex I generally only ever open Word when I have to open someone else's document. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment