Thursday, September 26, 2019

New Website

I now have a new website. While monica.schwehr.org has been a good site and the domain is great (one I share with my husband, Kurt Schwehr) it has gotten burdensome to update, and as you can tell hasn't been updated in nearly as long as this blog :)

iWeb made creating a website so easy, why oh why did Apple abandon it. I still managed to use it for years after it was abandoned, and was able to export the CSS into a project which I could then upload to schwehr.org.

So in an effort to create an updated website that has current content and research, I've created a Wix.com site: https://schwehrwolf.wixsite.com/monica


(The "schwehrwolf" is a nod to a joke between me, Kurt, and several of our friends and family that we should have combined last names into the epic Schwehrwolf. Kurt was pretty established at the time, so it wasn't really realistic, but man oh man, would that be a great last name.)

I may end up paying eventually to remove the ad banner at the top and have a personal domain, but for now the free version gives me all that I need. Like iWeb, creating the website is drag-and-drop and it is infinitely more customizable than WordPress, at least in my own comparison of the free version of each. One downside of Wix is that you cannot download the CSS, so moving your website to another domain or web-hosting service isn't really possible.

So here's to hoping I can stick to keeping my website up-to-date, and even get back into blogging. Between work and kids, by the time I have any down time, I just want to veg out and do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment