Saturday, November 29, 2008

Everybody do the wave! (Lightwave, that is!)

One of the faculty members on my committee pointed this out to me yesterday:

I took this as a hint and have begun practicing my moves. 

The guy who came up with this idea (who calls himself the Gonzo Scientist) also has apparently created a science guild within the online game World of Warcraft. The guild even had a science conference in WoW this past May! I personally never bought World of Warcraft after trying the demo, when I realized I would never accomplish anything in the real world ever again if I did (it seems pretty addictive). Now however, I realize it is a valuable platform where I can present my research to undead elves, trolls, and giants! I wonder if I can get my committee chair to cover the costs... 

No comments:

Post a Comment